Sunday 13 January 2008

The second week of January, and a request

Well, second week in Jan already hasn't the time flown. I was all geared up and enthusiastic last week with my shiny new blog and all, but I am getting increasingly discouraged as my Google Analytics tells me the only person reading my blog is me. And I know what it says!

Which brings me on to a rather philosophical question- if I am writing this blog in the knowledge that no one else is reading it, does that make me slightly unhinged or just an egotist? Or am I hoping a future reader will stumble across this blog and be so intrigued by my ramblings that they will scroll back through all the archives? Am I trying to add my own stamp on the world, that if nothing else, there will be this blog as a record of my time on the planet?

Of course not, because by the time I depart this mortal coil I will be a world renown author (snigger)

Talking of which, I finished my entry for the redbubble competition, and the piece, 'The Moment of Madness' can be accessed on the forum here http://www.redbubble.com/groups/in-the-moment/writing. If you have any plans to enter, you'd better hurry as you have a little under three hours to do so.

So, next week will entail trying to finalise a piece for the BBC Short Story competition, but at an 8000 word limit, and up against published pieces, this may be a tall order.

Finally a plea- if you ever do stumble across this page, PLEASE leave a comment, however small, so you can make your mark on me. Thank you.

No comments: